I’ve seen a quite a few recipes for at-home hair masks on Pinterest and decided to pick the best ones and try them out. This mask was amazing.
- My scalp is much healthier. Less dry patches and itchiness. Definitely a huge benefit with winter coming soon.
- My hair was incredibly soft. And yet it still had body.
- The ends of my hair were much tamer than usual and looked healthier.
- 1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- A few drops Argan Oil
- 1 lemon
- Spoon/Turkey Baster to distribute product on hair
- Shower Cap (optional)
- Hair Clips/Hair Tie (for long hair)
- Shampoo (any kind will do)
- Take a brush and comb through your hair. Make sure to really stimulate your scalp and get out as much product build-up or dandruff as you can (gross, I know)
- Put coconut oil in a bowl. Use about 1-2 Tbsp depending on how long your hair is/how much you want to cover. Add in a few drops of argan oil and the juice of one lemon.
- Depending on your preference, you can microwave for 10 seconds at time until the coconut oil is melted and the mixture is warm. Not necessary, but it feels so good!
- Wrap a towel around your neck. (Not required, but it definitely helps keep your clothes clean)
- Using a spoon or turkey baster, apply the mixture to your hair starting with your scalp. It is helpful to part your hair in several different places to make sure you really cover it. Spend a few minutes really massaging it into your scalp (this is my favorite part).
- Work the remaining product through the ends of your hair. Use a clip or a hair tie to keep your hair off your neck.
- Put your hair in a shower cap (optional but keeps you from getting oil everywhere)
- Wait 20 – 30 minutes and then rinse the mask out.
- Shampoo several times (at least two). Do not condition unless you have really corse or dry hair.
- Dry as normal. You may want to avoid using any leave-in conditioning products until you try the mask.
Let me know if you try the mask; I’d love to know what you think!
Categories: get glam