This week I lost 1.4 lbs (body fat actually increased 0.1% but I’m just going to call that error). I am really excited to continue to see progress and seeing the scale go down is just reinforcing the fact that eating less and moving more works (go figure).
Things I Did Well This Week
- Starting Friday, I decided to give up gluten. Not necessarily to lose weight, but because I think it negatively impacts me. I’ve woken up with a stuffed nose every morning since November. After reading an article in my Fitness magazine citing gluten as a potential reason for congestion and lethargy, I decided to go back to gluten-free. Already I’m way less congested than I used to be.
- Went to the market and got delicious organic apples and bananas for snacks. Nom
- Read a really great post from Kelly at Fat Girl Gone Fit explaining why you can’t lose weight and get super toned at the same time. So now I’m just focusing on cardio and body-weight exercises until I get within a few pounds of my goal weight
Things To Work on Next Week
- I made a slight improvement on water this week, but I still have a long way to go
- Sugar: I just can’t seem to quit you. I’ll try again next week.
- Work on wellness outside of diet and exercise. Try meditation. Get a massage. Get mentally healthy as well as physically.
Total weight lost = 21.2 lbs
Categories: get fit