Figuring out what to bring for a vacation can be beyond stressful. Especially if you’re not sure what you’re going to do when you get there. Add in the holidays when you know you’re going to want some great pictures and it becomes even more stressful. Here is my packing list for trip and some tips and tricks for getting the most out of your packing.
Here is my packing list for my upcoming trip:
- Make sure liquids are packed securely. This one seems like a no-brainer but better safe than sorry here. Check out this quick tip here from Pinterest
- Roll clothes instead of folding them. It will keep them from being wrinkled and they take up less space.
- Keep everything you need for an overnight on your person. You never know what might happen to your luggage. I went on a trip to Italy in high school and the airline lost my luggage for 6 days. Luckily I followed this advice and had my glasses/contact lenses and all my toiletries in my carry-on.
- Use the right size of luggage. Unless you plan of leaving a lot of things with you when you get to your destination, make sure you have a little room in your suitcase. Things never end up fitting in quite the same way and you never know what new things you might acquire on your trip. It’s much better to bring a suitcase with a little more room than end up trying to squeeze everything in while checking in at the airport. Also, if you know you will need to carry your luggage, make sure that is something you can manage by yourself. Wheels are your friend 🙂
- Finally, ask yourself: What would be the worst thing to forget? What can I not replace where I’m going? You can find reasonable substitutes for most things while on a trip but there are a few things that you cannot replace easily. These include: prescription medicine, glasses/contact lenses, chargers for your electronic devices, identification, credit cards, and .