As some of you know, I subscribed to a CSA (community supported agriculture) share from a local farm. As part of my CSA share, I got a large bunch of kale and a butternut squash. So I wanted to use them in a delicious seasonal recipe that was still true to the flavors of the kale and squash.
Seasonal Kale Stir Fry (inspired by Pinch of Yum)
- 1/2 bunch kale, torn into 2″ pieces
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup shredded mild cheese (I used Monterey Jack, but you can use whatever you have)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the squash, celery, and garlic to the pan and cook until the squash is soft and lightly browned. Add in kale and cook until softened. Add in rice and Italian seasoning and stir to combine. Add in cheese until melted and serve.